Instruction/ maintenance manual of the product RP-25 Furuno
Go to page of 48
VIDEO PLO TTER RP-25 .
Your Local Agent/Dealer Your Local Agent/Dealer 9-52 Ashihara-cho, 9-52 Ashihara-cho, Nishinomi y a, Ja p an Nishinomi y a, Ja p an Tele p hone : Tele p hone : 0798-65-2111 0798-65-2111 Telefax : Telefax : 0798-65-4200 0798-65-4200 FIRST EDITION : FIRST EDITION : FEB.
i SAFETY INSTR UCTIONS CAUTION No one navigational aid should be relied exclusively for the safety of vessel and crew. The navigator has the responsibility to check all aids available to confirm position. Electronic aids are not a substitute for basic navigational principles and common sense.
ii FOR WORD A Word to RP-25 Owners Congratulat ions on your choice of the F URUNO RP-25 V ideo Plotter . We are confident you will see why the FURUNO nam e has becom e synonym ous w ith quality and reliab ility . For over 50 years FURUNO Elect ric Company has enjoyed an enviabl e reputation f or innovati ve and dependab le m arine electronics equ ipm ent.
iii The RP-25 f unct ion may be changed depending on your F R/F AR-2805 series radar specificat ion. Refer to the follo wing table to recognize your RP-25 w orking.
iv T ABLE OF CONTENTS 1. RADAR M AP .................................................................................................. 1-1 1.1 Pr ep ara tion ....................................................................................
v 2.8.3 Deletin g nav igation li nes ......................................................................... 2-23 2.8.4 Setting up the n avigati on l ine s ................................................................ 2-24 2.8.5 Displa yi ng nav igation l ine s.
1-1 1. RADAR MAP A radar map is a combination m ap lines and symbols whereby the user can define and input the navigation d ata, route plan ning and monit oring data. The radar map has t he cap acity of 1, 500 points of mark and line. The map data can be mem orized to facilitate the repeated use on the routine navigat ion area.
1. RAD AR MAP 1-2 1.1 Prep aration For R-type radar , conf irm that the radar display appears. W hen the video plotter or radar/video plot t er display appears, press the [V I DEO PLOT] key several times to select t he radar displa y . 1.
1. RADA R MAP 1-3 1.2 Making a Radar Map Marks/lines can be ente red in three different w ays. 1.2.1 Selecting the entering wa y 1. Press the [NA V MENU], [ 1] in that order to show RADAR MAP m enu. 2. Press the  key several tim es to select CURSO R, L/ L or O W N SHIP POSN.
1. RAD AR MAP 1-4 2. Press the numeric key to select the num ber for desired mark. For example, press the   key in order when you w ant to select “ ● ”. 3. Operate the t rackball to move the cursor t o the desired position. 4.
1. RADA R MAP 1-5 2. Press the numeric keys to ent er the value for the desired latit ude. W he n you enter “45 º 67.888”, for example, press        in that order . 3. Press the [ENTER] key . 4. Press the  or  key to select North or Sout h.
1. RAD AR MAP 1-6 1.3 Eras ing Content s of the Rada r Map 1.3.1 Erasing the mark/line independentl y 1. Select CURSOR at MARK ENTRY MODE field on RADAR MAP menu. 2. Press the [MARK] key to show the ENTER MARK m enu. 3. Press th e  key twice to sel ect MAR K CANC EL.
1. RADA R MAP 1-7 1.4 Position and bearing co rre ction 1.4.1 Radar map correction W hen there is an error between the radar screen and m arks/lines, do the follo w ing procedures. 1. Press the [CHART ALIG N] key . “MAN ALIG N” appears at the right side of screen.
2-1 2. VIDEO PLOTTER 2.1 Overview If your 2805 radar is f or R (Regular) type, the video plott er function is availab le in addition to he radar m ap’ s. Ke ys for video plotter ENTER ORIGIN MARK T ARGET D ATA TRAIL MARK VECT OR TR UE/ REL T ARGET BASED SPEED CHAR T ALIGN VECT OR TIME AU TO PLO T LOST T ARGET HIST OR Y VIDEO PLO T RAD AR MENU E,A UTO PLO T MENU NA V MENU 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 - CANCEL 0 9 Control panel (right) 2.
2. VIDEO PLOT TER 2-2 Sample v ideo plotter display 12/2 3.458 NM 179.9 R TM + W10 W11 W12 W aypoint Own ship mark Origin mar k OWN SHIP 35 20.370 N 141 18.370 E +CURSOR PSN 35 20.360 N 141 18.770 E Own ship's position Cursor position Range Range/bearing to cursor Motion mode Cursor Note: Grid line is not appeared on G-type.
2. VIDEO PLOT TER 2-3 2.2 Chart Cards WARNING Chart cards are intended as an aid to navigation. The navigation has the responsivility to check all aids available to confirm position. CAUTION Handle chart cards and memory cards with care. Keep cards away from direct sunlight, heat sources, and active gases.
2. VIDEO PLOT T ER 2-4 2.2.2 Chart position correct ion There may be instances when the radar im age is not overland on the ch art correctly . This is mainly due to position error in herent in the na vigation aid connected to the radar . Y ou can align chart with the radar im age as follows.
2. VIDEO PLOT TER 2-5 2.3 Setting u p the V ideo Plotter 2.3.1 Hiding/ showing graphics 1. Press th e [NA V MENU], [8 ] key i n orde r to show DISPLA Y SEL ECT menu. [DISPLA Y SELECT] 1 [VIDEO PLO TTER 1] 2 SYMBOL OFF/ON 3 CO AST LINE OFF/ON 4 LAND DENSITY OFF/ON 5 PLA CE NAME OFF/ON 6 MARK OFF/ON 7 O WN SHIP PLO T OFF/ON 8 T ARGET PLOT OFF/ON 9 CONT OUR LINE OFF/ON 0 GRID OFF/ON Display select menu The current settings are in reverse video (default setting: all item is ON.
2. VIDEO PLOT TER 2-6 [NA V INFORMA TION 1] 1 [VIDEO PLO TTER 1] 2 SELECT NA V AID GPS+LC/ DEAD RECK ONING 3 O WN SHIP POSN OFF/L/L 4 POSN 00 00.000 N/S 000 00.000 E/W 5 + CURSOR D A T A OFF/L/L 6 WPT D A T A OFF/REL/TR UE 7 [W A Y POINT] 8 [NA V LINE] 9 WIND D A T A OFF/ON 0 [NA V INFORMA TION 2] Nav information 1 menu 2.
2. VIDEO PLOT TER 2-7 [NA V INFORMA TION 2] 1 [NA V INFORMA TION 1] 2 WIND GRAPH OFF/ON 3 WIND UNIT M/S/KT 4 CURRENT D A T A OFF/ON 5 CURRENT GRAPH OFF/ON 6 DEPTH D A T A OFF/ON 7 DEPTH GRAPH OFF/ON 8 DEPTH SCALE 10/20/50/100/200/500 9 DEPTH UNIT M/FT/F A 0 [NA V INFORMA TION 3] Nav information 2 menu 5.
2. VIDEO PLOT TER 2-8 2.4 T rack 2.4.1 Recording the o w n ship’ s track Own ship’s track can be stored in the m emory (M ax. 6,000 po ints). When a track memory becomes f ull the oldest track is deleted t o make room for the latest.
2. VIDEO PLOT TER 2-9 2.4.2 Recording other s hip’s track W hen your radar has ARP A function, tracks of 10 targets (other ships) can be recorded. Memory capacity for ot her ship’ s track is 6,000 points, but t his value is divided equall y among ten targets, so there are 600 points per target.
2. VIDEO PLOT TER 2-10 2.4.4 Eras ing track The display m ay become full of track when, f or example, o w n ship traces the same route several tim es. Y ou can erase all or a percentage of t he track to the clear the display . Further , you can erase the tracks of other ships.
2. VIDEO PLOT TER 2-1 1 2.5 Marks, Lines 2.5.1 Entering mark Y ou can inscribe m arks on the display to denot e important points, f or exa m ple, a buoy or a wreck. The mark memory capacity is 6,000 points.(20 types m ark and lines). Select ing method of entry Marks can be entered by cursor positio n, L/L or o wn ship’ s position.
2. VIDEO PLOT TER 2-12 Selecting mark 1. Press the [MARK] key to show ENTER MARK menu. [ENTER MARK] MARK 01 01. 02. 03. 04. 05. 06. 07. 08. 09. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. NA V LINE 17. COAST LINE 18. CONT OUR LINE 19. PROHIBITED AREAS 20.
2. VIDEO PLOT TER 2-13 2.5.2 Entering line Y o u can enter the line sim ilar to mark. 1. Pres the [MARK] key to show ENTER MARK menu. 2. Press the numeric key to select line shap e desired. No.14 through 20 are for line. Shapes o f line No.
2. VIDEO PLOT TER 2-14 2.6 Erasing Marks, L i nes 2.6.1 Erasing indi vidual marks/li nes 1. Select CURSOR at MARK ENTRY MODE on VIDEO PLOTT ER 2 menu. 2. Press the [MARK] key to show ENTER MARK menu. 3. Press the  key twice to select m ark cancel (ite m 22).
2. VIDEO PLOT TER 2-15 [ERASE] 1 [VIDEO PLO TTER 1] 2 OWN SHIP PLO T 30/50/80/ALL 3 T ARGET PLOT 30/50/80/ALL 4 MARKS OFF/AREA/ALL 5 W A YPOINT OFF/ALL 6 NA V LINES OFF/ALL Erase menu 2. Press the  key several tim es to select AREA at MARKS (item 4) field, and then press the [E NTER] key .
2. VIDEO PLOT TER 2-16 2.7 W aypoint s 2.7.1 Entering wa y p oint s In navigation term inology , a particular locatio n is known as a “waypoint, ” whether it be a starting point , a destination po int or an interm ediate on a voyage. This unit can store 97 waypoints, numbered 01 to 97.
2. VIDEO PLOT TER 2-17 b) Press the [ENT ER] key . c) Press the numeric key to enter the value of longitude in eight digits, and then press the [ENTER] key . If necessary , pr ess the  key to select East or Wes t. d) Press the [ENT ER] key .
2. VIDEO PLOT TER 2-18 [WPT LIST 1] 1 [ENTER WPT , NA V LINE] WPT 00 340 44.01 N 135 24.56 E 01 34 42.11 N 136 31.58 E 02 33 97.69 N 134 64.35 E 03 ** **.** N *** **.** E 04 ** **.** N *** **.** E 05 ** **.** N *** **.** E 06 ** **.** N *** **.
2. VIDEO PLOT TER 2-19 2.7.3 Display i ng a waypoint Internal storage waypoin t 1. Press the [NA V MENU] ,  key in order to show WA Y POINT menu. 2. Press th e  key seve ral times to select VIDE O PLOTTER at W PT DA T A (item 7) f ield.
2. VIDEO PLOT TER 2-20 Externa l way point The waypoint f rom the external na vigator can be displa yed. 1. Press the [NA V MENU] ,  key to show WA Y POINT menu. 2. Press th e  key sev eral ti mes to select N A VIGA TION at W PT D A T A (ite m 7) field.
2. VIDEO PLOT TER 2-21 2.8 Naviga tion Li nes 25 navigation li nes may be entered, and each line m ay have up to 30 waypoints. (The total num ber of w aypoints is 97.) 2.8.1 Entering navigation line Entering new na viga tion line 1. Press the [NA V MENU], [ 4] in order to show ENTER WPT , NA V LINE menu.
2. VIDEO PLOT TER 2-22 Adding way poit to nav igation lines T o add waypoints to a navigatio n line; 1. Press th e [NA V MENU], , [5 ] key i n that o rder to show ENTER NA V LINE menu. 2. Press the  key . 3. Press the numeric key to enter t he number (in two digits) f or the navigation line which you want t o add the waypoint, and t hen press the [ENTER] key .
2. VIDEO PLOT TER 2-23 2.8.3 Deleting navigation lines Deleting in dividual nav igation line s 1. Press the [NA V MENU], , ,  key in that order to select ERASE N A V LINE (item 9) on NA V LINE LI ST m enu. 2. Press the numeric key to enter t he number (in two digits) f or the navigation line which you want t o delete.
2. VIDEO PLOT TER 2-24 2.8.4 Setting up the navigation lines Navigation lin es can be set up as follows: 1. Press the [NA V MENU], [ 3] key to show NA V LI NE menu. 2. Press the  key seve ral times to se lect VIDE O PLOTTER at NA V LINE DA T A (item 7) field.
2. VIDEO PLOT TER 2-25 11. Press the [ENT ER] key . For example, when you select the nav igation line which has waypoints 11 → 12 → 13 → 14, and you are going to waypoint 12, the display show s “(1 1) → @ → 12 → (13 ) → (14)”.
2. VIDEO PLOT T ER 2-26 2.8.5 Displa y i ng navigati on li nes Internal na v igation lines Navigation lin es made at t he previous sectio n can be displayed as f ollow . 1. Press the [NA V MENU], [ 3] key to show NA V LI NE m enu. 2.
2. VIDEO PLOT TER 2-27 2. Pres th e [NA V MENU] ,  key in o rder to select C ARD. 3. Press the  key to select RECORD 4. Press the [ENT ER] key to show RECORD CARD m enu. [RECOARD CARD] 1 [VIDEO PLO TTER 1] 2 O WN SHIP PLO T FILE 3 T ARGET PLO T FILE 4 MARK FILE 0 FORMA T NO/YES Record card menu 5.
2. VIDEO PLOT TER 2-28 2.9.3 Repla y in g dat a 1. Insert the mem ory card w hich has data in the ri ght hand card slot. 2. Press the [NA V MENU] key . 3. Press the  key sev eral times to select REPLA Y . 4. Press the [ENTER] key .
3-1 3. MAINTENANCE (FOR TECHNICIANS) 3.1 Initial Setti ngs An item on the DI SPLA Y SELECT m enu can be deleted thru t he I NITIAL SETTING menu. If it is necessary to change th e set tings, follo w the procedure below . 1. T urn t he radar off.
3. MAIN TENANCE (FOR TECHNIC IANS) 3-2 3.2 Repla cement of Battery on RP Boa rd The RP Board is mounted in the displa y unit of the FR-2805 series rad ars. For general m aint enance and trouble sho oting, the r ef ore, refer to radar ’s o perator ’s manual.
A P-1 MENU TREE [RAD AR MAP displa y] NA V MENU ke y 1 [RAD AR MAP] NA V INFORMA TION 1 menu 1 [NA V INFORMA TION 1] 2 MAP OFF/ON 3 NA V D A T A POSN 4 ALIGN + CURSOR OFF/ON 5 MARK ENTR Y MODE CURSOR/L/L/O WN SHIP 6 ERASE MARK OFF/AREA/ALL 1 [NA V INFORMA TION 1] 2 WIND GRAPH OFF/ON 3 WIND UNIT m/s/KT 4 CURRENT D A T A OFF/ON 5 CURRENT GRAPH OFF/ON 6 DEPTH D A T A OFF/ON 7 DEPTH GRAPH OFF/ON 8 DEPTH SCALE 10/20/50/100/200/500 9 DEPTH UNIT m/FT/F A 0 [NA V INFORMA TION 3] 1 [NA V INFORMA TION 2] 2 W A TER TEMP OFF/ON 3 D A TE OFF/UTC/LOCAL 4 USED WPL NA V LINE/WP 7 [W A YPOINT] 1 [NA V INFORMA TION 1] 2 WPT OFF/ON 4 WPT NO .
AP - 2 1 [NA V INFORMA TION 1] 2 WIND GRAPH OFF/ON 3 WIND UNIT m/s/kt 4 CURRENT D A T A OFF/ON 5 CURRENT GRAPH OFF/ON 6 DEPTH D A T A OFF/ON 7 DEPTH GRAPH OFF/ON 8 DEPTH SCALE 10/20/50/100/200/500 9 DEPTH UNIT m/ft/F A 0 [NA V INFORMA TION 3] [VIDEO PLO TTER screen] NA V MENU key 1 [NA V INFORMA TION ] VIDEO PLO TTER 1 menu 1 [VIDEO PLO TTER 1] 2 SELECT NA V AID GPS+LC/DEAD RECKONING 3 OWN SHIP POSN OFF/L/L 4 OWN SHIP 00 00.
A P-3 LA TITUDE ERROR T ABLE (ON 96 NM RANGE) (nm) EBL LAT 5 ° 10 ° 15 ° 20 ° 25 ° 30 ° 35 ° 40 ° 45 ° 70 ° 0.21980213 0.43290201 0.632803 0.8134132 0.96923215 1.09551918 1.1884382 1.24517456 1.26402037 65 ° 0.21229339 0.
SP-1 SPECIFICA TIONS Radar Plotter Radar Map Display Radar Display , Video Plotter display , Radar/Video Plotter display Radar display only Display Mode HU*, TM, CU, NU, CG (No chart available in HU and CG mode) *Not available in G-type.
An important point after buying a device Furuno RP-25 (or even before the purchase) is to read its user manual. We should do this for several simple reasons:
If you have not bought Furuno RP-25 yet, this is a good time to familiarize yourself with the basic data on the product. First of all view first pages of the manual, you can find above. You should find there the most important technical data Furuno RP-25 - thus you can check whether the hardware meets your expectations. When delving into next pages of the user manual, Furuno RP-25 you will learn all the available features of the product, as well as information on its operation. The information that you get Furuno RP-25 will certainly help you make a decision on the purchase.
If you already are a holder of Furuno RP-25, but have not read the manual yet, you should do it for the reasons described above. You will learn then if you properly used the available features, and whether you have not made any mistakes, which can shorten the lifetime Furuno RP-25.
However, one of the most important roles played by the user manual is to help in solving problems with Furuno RP-25. Almost always you will find there Troubleshooting, which are the most frequently occurring failures and malfunctions of the device Furuno RP-25 along with tips on how to solve them. Even if you fail to solve the problem, the manual will show you a further procedure – contact to the customer service center or the nearest service center