Instruction/ maintenance manual of the product DV 7300 Audiovox
Go to page of 24
Model: D V7300 FOR ASSIST ANCE CALL CUST OMER SER VICE A T 1-800-645-4994 OR VISIT US A T WWW .A UDIO V O X.COM 1 2 8 - 8 1 0 8 HOME THEA TER 350 W att 1-2-3 2.
- 1 - SAFETY PRECA UTIONS On Placement • Do not use the unit in places which are extremely hot, cold, dusty, or humid. • Do not restrict the air flow of the unit by placing it in a place with poor air flow, by covering it with a cloth, or by placing it on carpeting.
- 2 - IMPOR T ANT SAFETY INSTR UCTIONS SAFETY PRECA UTIONS P ortable Car t W arning Notes on Copyright It is forbidden by law to copy, broadcast, show, broadcast on cable, play in public, or rent copyrighted material without permission. Apparatus Claims of U.
- 3 - TABLE OF CONTENTS Repeat Playback ........................................... 16 DVD Programmable Memory ........................ 17 Viewing JPEG Files ....................................... 17 Play Modes for CD or JPEG Disc .................
- 4 - The unit can play: Region Management Information Region Management Information: This unit is designed and manufactured to respond to the Region Management Information that is encoded on DVDs. If the region number printed on the DVD does not correspond to the region number of this unit, this unit cannot play that disc.
- 5 - Battery Replacement When the batteries become weak, the operating distance of the remote control is greatly reduced and you will need to replace them. CA UTION: Danger of e xplosion if batter y is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with the same or equivalent type.
- 6 - CONTROL REFERENCE GUIDE Remote Control 9) 10) 11) 12) 13) 14) 15) 16) 17) 18) 19) 20) 21) 22) 23) 24) 25) 26) CURSOR ( , , , ) Buttons Press to highlight selections on a menu screen and adjust certain settings. OK Button Press to confirm selections on a menu screen.
- 7 - CONTROL REFERENCE GUIDE Unit (Front Panel) 1 2 3 4 5 6 89 10 11 12 13 14 7 1) TUNING/SKIP C ontrol DVD Mode Press quickly to select the previous/next title, chapter or track on a disc; Press and hold for fast forward/reverse playback.
- 8 - DISPLA Y Display Information The D VD displa ys the information shown below on the TV screen and on the unit’ s D VD display depending on the operation status. Display Examples If no disc is loaded when the main unit is powered on. Tray open Tray closed Loading Stopped Playing Paused Fast forward Fast reverse Slow Repeat A - B TV Screen No Disc Open Close Loading Stop Play Pause x 2 x 2 1 / 2 Rep A- Rep A - B Remarks “ ” appears when the tray is closed and: 1) There is no disc in the tray.
- 9 - SETUP Connecting the FM Wire Antenna Connect the FM wire antenna to the FM antenna terminals. Fully unwind the wire antenna and position it for the best reception. A.Connecting your TV The unit can be connected to your TV in several different ways, depending on the design of your TV.
- 10 - SETUP C. Connecting Other Equipment (Amplifier) ANALOG CONNECTION Using an audio cable (not supplied), connect the left/right AUDIO OUT jack on your unit to the AUDIO IN jack on your other source. DIGITAL CONNECTION Using a coaxial digital audio cable (not supplied), connect the DIGITAL AUDIO OUT jack on your unit to the DIGITAL AUDIO IN jack on your other source.
- 11 - SETUP Plugging in the Unit • Ensure all the components and speakers are connected correctly . • TO PREVENT ELECTRICAL SHOCK, MA TCH WIDE BLADE OF PLUG TO WIDE SLO T OF W ALL OUTLET , THEN FULL Y INSER T . • Be sure the AC power cord is disconnected and all functions are off before making connections.
- 12 - SETUP Dolby Digital Dolby Digital is a technology developed by Dolby Laboratories. Soundtracks encoded in Dolby Digital can reproduce from one to 5.1 discrete channels of excellent quality audio. Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories.
- 13 - PLA YING A DISC This owner’ s manual explains the basic instructions of this unit. Some DVDs are pr oduced in a manner that allows specific or limited operation during playback. Such as, the unit may not respond to all operating commands. This is not a defect in the unit.
- 14 - PLA YING A DISC Sequence of angle shots (Example) Angle Selection Some D VDs contain scenes which hav e been shot from a number of different angles . For these discs , the same scene can be viewed from each of these different angles. 1. While you are pla ying a D VD with different angles recorded, press the ANGLE button to view the number of current angles available.
- 15 - SPECIAL FUNCTION Locating a Specific Title/Chapter/Time If a D VD contains title/chapter/time numbers, you can locate a specific title/chapter/time by directly selecting a title/chapter/time number . 1. Press the GOT O button to display Title .
- 16 - REPEA T PLA YB A CK Y ou can play a specific title or chapter repeatedly . (Title repeat, chapter repeat, A-B repeat) Repeating a Chapter Y ou can play the same chapter repeatedly . 1. While the disc is playing, press the REPEA T DISC b utton until the “ ” indicator displa ys on the screen.
- 17 - D VD PROGRAMMABLE MEMOR Y DVD Programmed Playback You can combine your favorite titles/chapters and play them in the order you determine. 1. Press the MEMORY button on the remote control. 2. Use the or button to select the title you want, then press the OK button on the remote control to confirm.
- 18 - PLA Y MODES FOR CD OR JPEG DISC When playing CD/JPEG discs, you can modify the Play Modes through the Toolkit which appears on the right side of the window. Press the or button on the remote control to navigate between the left/right windows and the or button on the remote control to select files/tracks or play mode items.
- 19 - CUST OMIZING THE FUNCTION SETTINGS LANGU A GE OSD Language 1. Press the SETUP button. 2. Press the button to select OSD Language . 3. Press the button. Use the or button to make adjustments, then press the OK button. The screen will change to your selected language immediately .
- 20 - CUST OMIZING THE FUNCTION SETTINGS Notes: • The display a b le picture size is preset on the D V D . Theref ore, the playbac k picture of some D VDs may not conform to the picture size you select. • When you pla y D VDs recorded in the 4:3 picture size only , the playbac k picture alwa ys appears in the 4:3 picture size regardless of the TV Shape setting.
- 21 - CUST OMIZING THE FUNCTION SETTINGS AUDIO Digital Output 1. Press the SETUP button. 2. Press the or button to select Audio . 3. Press the button. Use the or button to select Digital Output . 4. Press the button. Use the or button to select the options (Off, PCM or Raw), then press the OK button.
- 22 - SYMPTOM CA USE (AND REMED Y) TR OUBLE SHOOTING GUIDE • The region number of the disc doesn't match the region number of this unit. No picture No sound or only a very low-level sound is heard. No power . • Ensure the AC power cord is connected.
- 23 - P ower source: AC 120V ~ 60Hz Specifications and external appearance are subject to change without notice. MAINTENANCE Cleaning the Unit • Be sure to turn the unit off and disconnect the AC power cord before cleaning the unit. • Wipe the unit with a dr y soft cloth.
An important point after buying a device Audiovox DV 7300 (or even before the purchase) is to read its user manual. We should do this for several simple reasons:
If you have not bought Audiovox DV 7300 yet, this is a good time to familiarize yourself with the basic data on the product. First of all view first pages of the manual, you can find above. You should find there the most important technical data Audiovox DV 7300 - thus you can check whether the hardware meets your expectations. When delving into next pages of the user manual, Audiovox DV 7300 you will learn all the available features of the product, as well as information on its operation. The information that you get Audiovox DV 7300 will certainly help you make a decision on the purchase.
If you already are a holder of Audiovox DV 7300, but have not read the manual yet, you should do it for the reasons described above. You will learn then if you properly used the available features, and whether you have not made any mistakes, which can shorten the lifetime Audiovox DV 7300.
However, one of the most important roles played by the user manual is to help in solving problems with Audiovox DV 7300. Almost always you will find there Troubleshooting, which are the most frequently occurring failures and malfunctions of the device Audiovox DV 7300 along with tips on how to solve them. Even if you fail to solve the problem, the manual will show you a further procedure – contact to the customer service center or the nearest service center