Instruction/ maintenance manual of the product VOH642 Audiovox
Go to page of 16
VOH642 Operation Manual OPEN AUTO ON OFF .
-2- Important Notice It is unlawful in most jurisdictions for a person to drive a motor vehicle which is equipped with a television viewer or screen that is located in the motor vehicle at any point forward of the back of the driver ’ s seat, or that is visible, directly or indirectly , to the driver while operating the vehicle.
- 3- Congratulations on your purchase of the Audiovox VOH642 drop-down TV / Video Monitor . The VOH642 has been designed to give you and your family many years of video entertainment in the mobile environment. Please read the directions that follow to familiarize yourself with the product and to ensure that you obtain the best results from your equipment.
-4- FRE QUENCY OFF 1 2 AUT O OFF ON OPEN 1 2 7 9 11 3 4 5 6 8 10 12 .
- 5- Front Panel 1. Infrared T ransmitter - Used to transmit audio to wireless headphones 2. Power button – (Bright red when system is On, dim when Off) 3. Channel Up/Down – Changes the TV channel 4. V olume Up/Down – Controls volume to headphone jacks and external speakers if connected 5.
-6- BA TTERY INST ALLA TION Before attempting to operate your Remote Control, install the batteries as described below . 1) T urn the Remote Control face down. Press down on the ridged area of the battery cover and slide it off. 2) Install two “AAA” batteries as shown.
- 7- Remote Controlled TV Functions 1. POWER ON/OFF Press this button to turn the VOH642 On. The channel number or current video source will be displayed on screen, and the picture will appear in a few seconds. Press the button again to turn the VOH642 Off.
-8- 8. AUTO MEMORY BUTTON When the AUTO MEMORY button is depressed, all channels in TV or CA TV mode are searched and tuned; all the channels with signals detected are automatically stored. Please refer to page 2 for more information on TV reception.
- 9- CHANNEL TUNING SET UP In order to easily access all available TV channels, it may be necessary to perform channel auto- programming whenever the vehicle’s geographic location has changed, i.e. city to city , weak signal area. 1. Press the AUTO MEMORY button on the Remote Control Unit or the AUTO PROGRAM button on the drop down video unit.
-10- Operation Overhead Dome Lights The lights integrated into the VOH642 are controlled by a three position slide switch. Sliding the switch to the on position will turn the lights on. The off position will prevent the lights from turning on at all times, and the auto position will allow the lights to turn on and off with the vehicle’s interior lighting.
- 11- External Auxiliary A/V Stereo inputs (Aux Video 2) These inputs are provided to facilitate the temporary connection of optional audio / video equipment, such as a camcorder or video game system. T o play a source with these inputs, remove and save the protective plastic cover to access the inputs.
-12- Wired FM Modulator Y our video system may be equipped with an RF modulator , that allows you to listen to the VOH642’ s audio signal by tuning your vehicle’s radio to the selected frequency , (88.7 or 89.1 - Check with your installer) and turning on the remote mounted RF modulator switch.
- 13- W arnings Do not use any solvents or cleaning materials when cleaning the video system. Do not use any abrasive cleaners, they may scratch the screen. Use only a lightly dampened lint free cloth to wipe the screen if it is dirty . Lock the LCD screen in the fully closed position when not in use.
-14- Specifications T roubleshooting PROBLEM Poor radio reception (FM modulator installed) LCD Backlighting Edge Light Tube Resolution 960 x 234 Pixels 224,640 Operation T emperature 0 - 40º C S torage T emperature -20 - 80º C Expected Backlight life 10,000 Hours Sensitivity 35db Video Display System NTSC Audio Output 0.
- 15- Printer: Leave this page blank .
© Copyright 1999 Audiovox Corp. 150 Marcus Blvd. Hauppauge, NY 1 1788 128-5558C .
An important point after buying a device Audiovox VOH642 (or even before the purchase) is to read its user manual. We should do this for several simple reasons:
If you have not bought Audiovox VOH642 yet, this is a good time to familiarize yourself with the basic data on the product. First of all view first pages of the manual, you can find above. You should find there the most important technical data Audiovox VOH642 - thus you can check whether the hardware meets your expectations. When delving into next pages of the user manual, Audiovox VOH642 you will learn all the available features of the product, as well as information on its operation. The information that you get Audiovox VOH642 will certainly help you make a decision on the purchase.
If you already are a holder of Audiovox VOH642, but have not read the manual yet, you should do it for the reasons described above. You will learn then if you properly used the available features, and whether you have not made any mistakes, which can shorten the lifetime Audiovox VOH642.
However, one of the most important roles played by the user manual is to help in solving problems with Audiovox VOH642. Almost always you will find there Troubleshooting, which are the most frequently occurring failures and malfunctions of the device Audiovox VOH642 along with tips on how to solve them. Even if you fail to solve the problem, the manual will show you a further procedure – contact to the customer service center or the nearest service center